Sunday, July 17, 2011

Style Tips and Tricks #8: Ready to fly!

Hey fashionistas!


This might be a very random time to talk about packing for a flight, but I am sure this would be helpful for you in the future! Or perhaps, you might want to have a weekend getaway this summer! Anyways, this style tips and tricks is adapted from Lauren Conrad's Style book, with perhaps some add-ons by me. I hop you enjoy it!


Firstly, luggage is always vital for travelling, regardless of a real luggage or just a backpack. I would prefer a luggage as they are always stylish to travel with! You can always bet on designer luggages like Gucci, Longchamp, LeSportsac and Burberry. Just imagine tugging one of these, with the right outfit, you might get mistaken for a celebrity!


Gucci




Longchamp





 LeSportsac



Burberry


However, I am sure not everyone can afford these luggages, especially the Burberry one, which cost $2890. So, I would opt for something more affordable but still equally stylishly chic! I would think that Samsonite's Hommage II Spinner would be a really good choice, here is a glimpse of it.



Though I am not really sure about the price, but I am pretty sure it is way more affordable than the Gucci and Longchamp ones! And, Samsonite is known to have their products undergo "quality tests before it's launched", "in order to ensure high quality and performance", so I would say that they are very safe to be purchased!


Next, you would have to decide on what to pack. It is obviously summer now, with the rising heat in recent days' weather. So I would say, PACK LESS, I am quite sure the point of travelling now would be to shop for suitable clothing for summer and for the beach! So, the first thing to pack would be swimwear, preferably a bikini to get some sunshine (don't forget to apply sunscreen). Next would be a few basic tops: tank tops and t-shirts, a few pairs of shorts, a sundress, a floppy sun hat or a cap, a pair of flip flops, a pair of heels and of course a pair of sunglasses! 


Summer Packing List




You would be asking what would be the ideal way of packing your clothes right? Well, I would have to agree on Lauren Conrad's way of "strategic packing", which is to roll them up and fit them into your luggage! Something like this:



Or, you can take reference to Julieg713's Suitcase video!


By rolling up all your clothing, it makes it easier and simpler to identify which is which, and it also saves the space of your luggage! Making it more compact, remember, you are coming back with more, not less, well unless you decide not to shop ;) 


Other than clothing, it is important to also pack your skincare, haircare, and healthcare products if you have any. Trust me, having your skin break out in a foreign country is not cool. 


What to wear to the airport/plane?


I would say to keep it as simple as possible, especially if you are going to have a long flight, you would not want to have body aches (like I did), it was so bad I swear not to dress to impress but to dress for comfort to a plane! 


So this was my story, I decided to pack my normal jeans and pants into my checking-in luggage and to wear my high-waisted denim jeans, with a tucked-in t-shirt and a cardigan. Bad idea, not through halfway of the flight, I felt my back and waist aching, it felt really awful... And since I already packed all my comfortable jeans and pants into my checked-in luggage, I had no choice but to endure the pain! So, lesson learnt, never dress to impress to a plane!


So here, I put together a very simple and comfortable yet chic outfit for a plane ride! Remember, though it is summer, but the airports and planes will always have their air-conditioner working, so do remember to layer on an outerwear. And since you wouldn't sweat much, it is perfectly fine to wear this outfit for the plane ride back.




In Lauren Conrad's "Style", she has prepared for us readers a little checklist of packing essentials for different occasions. I would tell you about "Beach Vacation (one week)".

  • Sunscreen
  • Lip moisturizer
  • Baseball or wide-brimmed hat
  • Sunglasses
  • 3 bathing suits
  • 1 pair of flip-flops
  • 1 pair of daytime sandals
  • 1 pair of embellished sandals (for evening)
  • 1 pair of running shoes
  • 2 pareos
  • 5 white, black , or gray tank tops
  • 1 cashmere cardigan
  • 2 skirts
  • 1 over-sized button-down (for coverup)
  • 1 tunic
  • 1 daytime dress
  • Jewelry
  • 1-2 vintage belts
  • Canvas carry-on tote
  • 1 clutch for evening
  • 1 pair of jeans
  • 1 blazer
  • Undergarments
That's all dearies!

No comments: