Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Favorite Fashion Designer

I am sure each one of you have got a "favorite designer" or many of them. Well, I think this is a very subjective thing, some may like the edgy and bold John Galliano while some may like the plain and simple Calvin Klein. Well, for me, what I look for in designs are its silhouette and stitching. I love designs that emphasizes the shoulder and waist part, whereas stitching is its complexity of putting the fabrics together. I've utterly loved Alexander McQueen for its complex stitching, but now, I am totally in love with Alice + Olivia's ready to wear.


An introduction to Alice + Olivia


Alice + Olivia is a label founded by Stacey Bendet, and it's a contemporary women's clothing brand! Kristen StewartAshley GreeneSarah Jessica ParkerGwyneth PaltrowAngelina JolieTaylor Swift, and Mena Suvari have all worn this label before! This label was first launched in 2002, a "sophisticated brand with a playful sensibility, which epitomizes the personality and style of its founder, Stacey Bendet". 




In addition, I am really in love with its Resort 2012 collection! What I love about Alice + Olivia is that there is always a sense of femininity in her outfits, even if it's just shorts and shirts! I also found that most of my "heart" outfits from shopbop.com are Alice + Olivia's! These are some of them.








Simple and chic. Edgy but feminine. Clean yet fun. Casual yet presentable. These are a few of my descriptions of Alice + Olivia.


Alice + Olivia Resort 2012 Collection: My favorites












Maxi skirts always add a vibe of the seventies, plus the sun hats and polka dots, yes, it is the return of the retro to Alice + Olivia! The way black and white are being played around in here is so simple, yet having a sense of uniqueness in terms of how they are put together. Heels and wedges further elongate the model's legs, adding to its femininity. 


Visit Alice + Olivia's website at http://aliceandolivia.com/
_________________________________________________________________


Once again, please do vote for me! 
If you really like this blog, you would the best out of it, wouldn't you?

Click on this link, then click on "VOTE NOW!" with an account and then click "Like!"

That's all dearies! TYVM!

No comments: